
Well, our little girl is here are we are so in love!!!
Her name is Ellyann (Proounced Ellie-Ann) Sarah. We liked both the name Elizabeth from my side of the family and Ann from Luke's side so Luke came up with a combination. We both like the name Sarah for different reasons and have been reading through the OT and really connected with her story.
It was a bit different than we had expected but we are so pumped to be her parents and she is an awesome little girl!
Here is the scoop.
The day before her due date, on the 17th, I went to the Dr. who said that she was sideways. BUMMER! But we hoped she might go back to head down, she was in the right spot the week before so it was possible. That Dr. wasn't my usual Dr. so she wanted me to see my Dr before they decided anything but she informed me that unless she turned, she would have to be delivered by C-Section . I had an appointment with my Doc on Friday the 10th at 10:30 so we waited to see if we would get a call from her before then. Friday came and I headed off to the Dr. who did an exam and ultrasound and said she was full breech, I think she had been on Tuesday too, her head and my ribs had been fighting for the same space all week!
My Doc said that she wanted me to be monitored and then get into surgery ASAP since we were already past due a bit and the monitoring showed that I was having light contractions. I called Luke to tell him to get off work and I would pick him up at home. At 12:30 we took this picture before heading off to Fresno.
We were told that there were a ton of people in Labor and Delivery so it might take until late that night or early Saturday morning to get us in but my Dr. happened to be on duty that night so she would do the best she could to get us in earlier (with Kaiser each Dr. is only in Labor & Delivery 1-2 days each month).
They checked us in and started monitoring things and we waited.
About 2 hours after we got there an anesthesiologist came in and gave me a heads up on what he would use and how it all would work. We hadn't yet been told when we would get in so I figured he was just getting us int info for whenever. We asked if he knew what time we would be in and he said "Oh you didnt know yet, your going in at 4 o'clock. "Great" we thought, that was earlier than we had been told. I asked Luke what time it was and he looked at his watch and said, "OH, its 3:15". We were doing this thing NOW!

So they got me all prepped and were a little late on getting me in since they didn't have much warning on the prep.
They got things all ready and my 4:49pm, she was born!! I was out for most of the surgery because what they used first didn't quite work all the way so I woke up once to hear her cry, and then woke up again to see her cute pouty face briefly before I was out until the whole thing was .
Luke got to stay in with me to see her be born and hang out with her while I recovered. Everything went really well!
My doc came in the next morning saying she was so glad that she turned since she was so big. She thought we might have had to do a C-Section anyhow...
So we are home and enjoying life being Mom & Dad. The fam has been around a bunch which has been a blast.
Thanks for all your prayers and we cant wait for you all to meet her!

5 comments:
Congrats to 3 all of you! I can't wait to see her in person. Love you guys! Look forward to Ellyann's first visit to Hume!
She is PRECIOUS! You guys did great! :) Can't wait to meet her. Congratulations, and happy parenting!
Love,
(Great)Aunt Jill
Congrats my friends. Kimberly and I are so pumped for you guys. Your daughter is adorable! Luke start priming the shotgun.... haha! You both are going to be awesome parents. Talk to you soon.
PS.. The peeps at Harvest are totally stoked for you guys. Esther almost hyperventilated last week.
CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so excited for you three!!! Ellyann is beautiful, and I love her original name! I can't wait to see more pictures as they are posted!
I am thrilled for you--I hope to meet her someday soon....:) Blessings on your growing family!! Love, Sara
Post a Comment